Big Changes

Tuesday, December 9, 2008
They told us that everyday would be a surprise and they weren't kidding. Today the NICU decided to take Grace off the jet ventilator and see if she would tolerate a standard ventilator. As of this evening she was doing very well. She seems a little less touchy on the regular ventilator, so perhaps she was just tired of the jet and ready to move on.
She had a very busy day today. She had an eye test to check for retinal damage (common in preemies). Fortunately that was okay, but they will check her again next week. She also had a head ultrasound today. We won't have that report until tomorrow, but we are still concerned about how her bleed has progressed.
In the meantime it does seem a little quieter in her isolette. The whap whap whap of the jet is gone and Grace seems one step closer to home.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Tim and Deborah-

My name is Lauren and my sister works with Tim's mother. I have a little guy that was very sick and want you to know I whole heartedly understand how it feels to go through the ups and downs of having a sick baby. You both and Grace are in my prayers and I will continue to follow her progress. I want to let you know that miracles happen everyday and these babies are so resilient. Feel free to contact me, my e-mail is lgraham131@gmail.com I would love to offer you support. I also have a blog for my little boy it is truittsankey.blogspot.com God bless you all and lets get that sweet little one home!