Sleep Study

Tuesday, February 3, 2009
They snuck Grace's sleep study in today. Talk about a pop quiz. We will not have the official results until tomorrow, but the informal scoop from the nurses is that she at least had no sigificant events. We await the formal results tomorrow.
The sleep study is important for us because if she does well it makes so many other things possible. We will be able to try oral feeds, we will be able to consider sending her home in the near future. A bad outcome can set her back and open her to more testing and possible treatments that we would like to avoid.
I got to bathe her tonight. She was mad as she could be at me, but I got her clean. Mom gets to do that daily, and I enjoy the chances I get to spend that kind of time with her.
I may not be able to post tomorrow. I am off to Columbus to see Grace's Grandma (my Mom). She was just diagnosed with breast cancer and will be having surgery tomorrow, so your love and support would be appreciated for her. Those of you that know her, will know that she is one tough lady and will come through this with her usual aplomb and style. Grace, Deb and I will be there to support her.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Grace and I are praying for Grandma. We send much love, many hugs and positive thoughts with Tim today. We'll be thinking of you. Love Deb and Grace

Anonymous said...

All of you are in my prayers.