First Family Photo!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Here it is, the first photo of the Williams family to date. When we arrived for our evening visit, the nurse that was on asked us if we wanted to hold her. Deb was sweet enough to let me hold her for almost two hours. I was thrilled and nervous, but Grace seemed to settle down against her Dad's chest without too much complaint.
They made me snuggle her next to my skin which meant I had to change into a gown with a room full of nurses present. A tad embarrassing since they all seemed to be young and pretty for some reason tonight. My minor discomfort was more than made up for by the opportunity to keep Grace warm close to my chest and to feel her wriggle and kick. And no, I am NOT breastfeeding, although I forgive you for being confused.
See how this rollercoasters goes? Such highs and lows in the space of less than 24 hours.
Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving. Remember to be thankful for those loved ones around you as we are thankful for you and all your love, generosity, friendship and unwavering support.

0 comments: