A Quiet Day

Wednesday, November 12, 2008
I can't tell you how glad I am to report that I have nothing to report! All in all Grace had a good day today. She has been a little terror for the nurses so they have taken her off her back and flipped her onto her stomach. Doing this maneuver required creating an elaborate contraption of foam with a hole cut out for her omphalocele. Take that Martha Stewart. She seems comfortable in it, but was still kicking her feet and still had a good grip on my finger when I visited today. The plan is to just keep her comfortable on the vent for now and, as long as she is stable, we may be able to feed her. Repeat head ultrasound will be performed on Monday. For now nothing changes.

Deb and I are doing our best to find the silver lining inthe current situation. The obvious blessing that has struck us most is the tidal wave of love, good wishes, and prayers that have been sent Grace's way from our families, friends, neighbors and coworkers. Heck, even my patients have chimed in. Please know that although we haven't been able to respond to all the gracious e-mails, card, flowers and gift baskets, this little family feels the strength of your love and support coming in to us and it lifts us high above the depths of despair. A most sincere "thank you" to you all. We couldn't do it without you.

0 comments: